Monday, January 19, 2015

Yellow Boat


8x10 Oil on Panel SOLD
I fell off the wagon with my January 30 Day challenge last week.  I just couldn't come into the studio- nothing interested me.  I am learning that painting in a series helps.  If you have to consider what you will paint each day, it is far more difficult to complete.  Also, simple subjects help with daily painting.  I am just not that interested in repetition or simple subjects.  I've spent time last week considering what I like to paint, how I want to paint, why I want to paint.  I never want to get to a place where I copy someone's style or ideas.  That is difficult, when so much is available on the internet.  I want to continue to paint the places I love, the things that I see.  To that end, these boats were moored in Cotuit harbor last summer, a beautiful spot that few know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment