Sunday, January 25, 2015

Shady Lane



18x24 Oil on stretched canvas



This weekend I found myself a bit frustrated with painting small.  I'm seeing a lot of copying going on in the sites I follow- even my stuff. Painting small is fun and quick and rally challenging in a lot of ways.  You have to get your values right. Your subject is usually simple.  You use less paint, so it is economical.  There is less risk- which is good.  I like painting small.  But yesterday I felt I needed a challenge- to throw a  lot of paint around- to work larger -to stretch my unused muscles a bit.  So I picked a photo from my fall strolls through nearby parks.  I liked the verticles of this one and the way the light caught pieces of the trees.   I like the result.  Very gratifying.


No comments:

Post a Comment