Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Cape Cod Plein Air 'Paint Camp 2015- for One



8x10 -in Progress
It is Day 2 of my personal paint camp:). Yesterday I painted in Orleans on a very gray and humid morning.  I'll post Monday's offering later, but wanted to also show you where I was this morning.  This is a little known Lane near an Audubon preserve in West Barnstable.  There is a nice and very quiet beach and a view of Sandy Neck lighthouse.  I am working with a palette knife this morning-very buttery and wet.  I think I need to let this dry a bit before adding the little beach cottages and working on the tiny lighthouse in the far distance.  I am learning a great deal- it is not easy to paint outside!  My easel has been known to blow over, I forget key brushes, yesterday my piece blew off the easel into the sandy gravel....you get the drift.  I am nothing if not persistent, and really love the quiet time spent outdoors totally consumed with the process:)

No comments:

Post a Comment